Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 10: The Twelve Days of Christmas Cocktails

On The Tenth Day Of Christmas...


Spiced Cranberry Mimosa is how every Sunday or Christmas brunch should begin.  As for my sister and I, we have been sharing this cocktail for the last few years every Christmas Eve morning.  We have made it a tradition that I spend the night on the 23rd and we watch a movie, drink wine and I help her wrap the presents for my nephews.  In the morning she makes a wonderful breakfast while I pour us these delicious drinks.  We spend the day sipping our cocktails and playing board games with my nephews relaxing a bit before the craziness of Christmas Day comes.

Ingredients
1 bottle prosecco ( Or champagne but I prefer prosecco)
1-2 ounces spiced apple cider (I bought mine at Trader Joe's)
Splash of pure cranberry juice
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of cinnamon
1 cinnamon stick

Fill the champagne glass about half full with prosecco.  Add the spiced apple cider and splash with cranberry juice.  Dash the cocktail with the nutmeg and cinnamon and drop the cinnamon stick in for garnish and extra flavor.  

Note: This recipe is based upon our (mine and my sister's) taste but feel free to adjust the amount of prosecco, spiced apple cider and cranberry juice to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment