Pages

Friday, July 8, 2016

Sip Bourbon...Always.

My sister recently asked me if I put bourbon in everything.  My reply was, "Yes, and you don't?"  I've been a whiskey/bourbon lover for as long as I can remember.  I eased into it slow with whiskey sours and now it's a staple in our household.  I've sipped on some really great complex ones and added our everyday favorite to just about everything from beer cocktails to barbecue sauce.  I often feel a bit of nostalgia when I'm enjoying a great bourbon.  It takes me back to some of the best memories with my hometown girlfriends and night caps with my husband.



For all of you whiskey skeptics, I assure you this cocktail is totally approachable and while it looks fancy it took me less than five minutes to make.  I promise you will feel like you just sat down at a super swanky bar where a mixologist wowed you with their flare.  However, in reality YOU are the swanky mixologist who just whipped up an impressive cocktail for either yourself after putting your kids to bed or for an impromptu summer gathering.  Either way I say it's a win and come on, strawberries are looking amazing right now so why not put them to good use.  Happy Sipping!

Strawberry Sage Bourbon Cocktail

Ingredients
3 ounces bourbon
2 fresh strawberries chopped
2 sage leaves

In a cocktail shaker add the strawberries and sage leaves and muddle.  Add the bourbon and fill with ice.  Shake vigorously.  Strain into a coupe or and ice filled glass.  Garnish with sage leaf if desired. Makes 1 cocktail.




No comments:

Post a Comment