Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Summer Bourbon Sangria

I know it's been months since we've posted but we are finally back with a summer cocktail that you can make in under two minutes!  This past spring was packed full of travels including work, a family reunion, a wedding, and an unforgettable girls trip.  While I loved every minute of being busy I was super thankful for having the past three weeks off to get back to the kitchen and be creative.  

I am a true summer lover.  It's a time for me to slow down, reset and relax.  The days are longer and I enjoy nothing more than sipping on an uncomplicated yet beautiful cocktail while soaking in the few extra hours of sunlight.

This sangria was created with leftover wine.  I know, I can barely believe I just said that and I feel weird about it, but I'm so glad that it happened.  Most sangria recipes require time, chopping lots of fruit and refrigerating overnight.   This one however requires about two minutes of your time, packs a punch and if you don't have fruit you'll be fine without it.  Besides, wine is made from grapes and that's a fruit right?  So go make sangria, enjoy the sun setting after 8pm, take a deep breath and relax a little.  We all deserve it.  Cheers!


Summer Bourbon Sangria

Ingredients
2 ounces bourbon 
4 ounces red wine (we prefer Tempranillo or Garnacha)
Fruit (strawberries, raspberries, peaches, cherries...whatever you have)
Lime (optional)

In an ice filled glass pour in the bourbon and red wine.  Stir to combine and garnish with fruit and lime if desired.  Makes 1 cocktail.









No comments:

Post a Comment