Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Watermelon Salad Stacks

Is it August already?  I feel like this summer has literally flashed before my eyes!  I'm still trying to hold on to any bits of it that I can as kids are headed back to school and fall recipes are popping up in my Pinterest feed.  



Watermelon screams summer to me and while I'm usually juicing it for a cocktail I thought we could all take a (short) break from the booze to enjoy this refreshing, simple to make summer salad.  I sort of stumbled across this mixture as I was quickly trying to make something for lunch without turning on the stove.  I know most people use feta or grilled halloumi (which I need to do a post on) cheese with watermelon but I'm a huge fan of burrata.  The creamy stuffed fresh mozzarella is a perfect pair to the juicy and refreshing watermelon.

While I went fancy with the presentation of this salad, you can simply chop up the watermelon and burrata, place it on a bed of arugula, drizzle the olive oil and balsamic on top and enjoy!  Either way you can't go wrong and it will surely keep you in the spirit of summer as we all soak up the last bit of it.


Watermelon Salad Stacks

Ingredients
1 mini seedless watermelon
1 4 ounce burrata cheese ball
1-1/2 - 2 cups arugula
Olive oil
High quality balsamic vinegar
Fresh ground black pepper


Slice the watermelon into 1/2 inch rounds.  Using a 2-1/2 inch round cookie cutter, cut out watermelon stack rounds and set aside.  Next, carefully slice the burrata cheese into 1/4 inch slices.


To assemble your stacks place one watermelon round on the plate.  Place amount an 1/8 of a cup of arugula on top.  Place one slice of burrata cheese on top of the arugula and top with one final watermelon round.  Place another 1/8 cup of arugula on top of the watermelon stack.  Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Top with fresh ground black pepper.  Repeat with the rest of the watermelon, burrata and arugula.  Makes 5-7 Stacks.








No comments:

Post a Comment