Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Summer Sipping Made Simple

While you can most often find me with a bottle of good wine I am definitely a lover of a simple yet strong, well made cocktail.  And when I say simple I really do mean no more than 4-5 ingredients; one kind of booze, fresh fruit, herb/citrus and a mixer such as soda water.  I don't know about you but I would much rather be spending more time on my patio sipping my cocktails than in my kitchen making them.  My #happyhour obsession I have going on in my Instagram is what inspired these cocktails below.  



As America's favorite holiday, July 4th, approaching this weekend I think we can all agree that simple and fresh cocktails will be the perfect companion to our backyard barbecues before we all head off to see the fireworks.



Have a wonderful and safe holiday weekend.  Cheers!




Pineapple Mint Mule

Ingredients
2/3 cups pineapple, cubed
8 mint leaves, slapped and torn in half
4 ounces vodka (I use Tito's Homemade Vodka)
Ginger beer (I use Reed's Ginger Beer)
Ice


In a cocktail shaker add the pineapple, mint leaves and vodka.  Muddle until the pineapple is broken up.  Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously until chilled.  Pour the cocktail into two glasses and top with the ginger beer.  Add more ice if needed.  Makes 2 servings.










Boozy Blackberry Vanilla Milkshake


Ingredients
20 fresh blackberries, plus 2-4 for garnish
4 scoops vanilla ice cream
4 ounces vodka 
(I use Tito's Homemade Vodka)

Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.  Pour the milkshake into two glasses and garnish with fresh blackberries if desired.  Makes 2 servings.







Watermelon Coconut Lime Spritzer

Ingredients
1 cup watermelon, cubed
1 ounce lime juice
8 ounces coconut water
4 ounces vodka 
(I use Tito's Homemade Vodka)
soda water

2 lime wedges
Ice


Place the watermelon, lime juice, coconut water and vodka into a blender.  Blend until liquefied.   Fill two glasses with ice and pour cocktails in, divided evenly.  Top with soda water and a lime wedge.  Makes 2 servings.





Mango Mint Vodka Mojito



Ingredients
2/3 cups mango
2 ounce lime juice
10 mint leaves, slapped and torn in half
1-2 teaspoon agave nectar
4 ounces vodka 
(I use Tito's Homemade Vodka)
soda water

2 lime wedges
Ice

In a cocktail shaker add the mango, lime juice, mint leaves, agave nectar and vodka.  Muddle until the mango has broken up a bit.  Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously until chilled.  Pour the cocktail, divided evenly into two glasses.  Top with soda water and garnish with a lime wedge.  Makes 2 servings.
















No comments:

Post a Comment