Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Peanut Butter S'mores Cheescake

I made this cheesecake about a week ago and planned to wait to blog about it until mid-September.  I have to admit I was waiting for the weather to become a bit cooler since I baked it on a day when the temperature was in the triple digits. No one should be turning on their oven in that kind of heat!  However, my "official tasters" (my neighbors and friends) won't shut up about the Peanut Butter S'mores Cheesecake I shared with them, in a really good way.  Since it's already made its debut on Twitter and Instagram, thanks to my "tasters,"  I figured I should put my other recipes on hold and share this one instead. I hope you all enjoy it as much as all of my dear friends and neighbors did!


Peanut Butter S'mores Cheesecake


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Crust:

Ingredients
2 cups honey graham cracker crumbs
1 tablespoon sugar
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted


In a small mixing bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar.  Add the melted butter and combine using a fork making sure the butter is evenly distributed.  Pour the graham cracker crust into a 9 inch springform pan.  Spread the graham cracker crumbs evenly and gently press them into the pan.  Place the springform pan on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes.  The crust should be golden brown and fragrant.  Remove from the oven and set aside.


Filling:

Ingredients
16 ounces cream cheese, soften
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons flour
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese, sugar, peanut butter and flour together until smooth and creamy.  Add the 4 eggs one at a time scraping the sides between each one.  Slowly add the milk and vanilla extract and beat until combined.  Carefully pour the filling into the springform pan on top of the graham cracker crust.

Place the springform pan on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 35-45 minutes.  The cheesecake will be ready when the edges are set and the center wiggles.  Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow to rest for about 10-15 minutes.  This allows the cheesecake to set.  Transfer the cheesecake in the springform pan to a cooling rack to cool completely.


Topping:

Ingredients
1-1/2 cups Marshmallow Fluff
1 - 12 ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips

Once the cheesecake has cooled completely, spread the Marshmallow Fluff on top.  Sprinkle the chocolate chips covering the cheesecake completely.  Refrigerate overnight.

Serves 8-10.


Note: For my west coast readers, if you can't find the original Marshmallow Fluff in your local grocery store look for it at World Market.



No comments:

Post a Comment