Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Summer Veggie Sandwich with Goat Cheese Dill Spread

OK, so I may be jumping the gun since summer doesn't officially start for another few weeks.  However, it sure feels like summer here and as I walked through the Santa Monica Farmer's Market last week I felt compelled to make a delicious summer sandwich.  Made with some beautiful vegetables of the season and paired with a delightful creamy goat cheese dill spread.  To accompany this yummy sandwich I added one of my favorite salty foods, potato chips.  These are not you regular potato chips however, they are herbed potato chips from Real Simple.  I am a huge fan of Real Simple and have to say if not for this wonderful magazine I wouldn't have found some of my favorite party food go-tos.  You can find the potato chip recipe here

Both recipes are so easy to make I know I'll be making them all summer.  Oh, and the goat cheese dill spread is a great substitute for your usual veggie dip too (do I hear 4th of July party food)!  


Goat Cheese Dill Spread

Ingredients
8 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

Place the goat cheese, olive oil, lemon juice and fresh dill in a small mixing bowl.  Stir to combine all ingredients well.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Goat cheese spread can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.

Summer Veggie Sandwich

Ingredients
2 slices of bread of choice, toasted (I used La Brea Toasted Sunflower Honey Bread)
2 slices cucumber, sliced length wise
2 large slices heirloom tomato
1/4 cup broccoli sprouts, washed 
1/4 avocado, sliced
1-2 tablespoons goat cheese dill spread

Spread the goat cheese dill spread on both slices of the toasted bread.  Layer the cucumber, heirloom tomato, sprouts and avocado on one piece of the prepared bread.  Top with the other slice of prepared bread.  Slice in half and serve with herb potato chips.




Note: Substitute any of your favorite summer veggie in this sandwich and let us know how it turns out!



No comments:

Post a Comment