Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Blackberry Banana Overnight Oats

I know is seems like ages since I've written a post and I apologize.  Spring time is what my sister calls my "busy season."  As a dance teacher I am prepping and rehearsing for our end of the year recital which is exciting and time consuming.  This all results in spending less time in the kitchen and at my computer sharing my recipes with you.  

Just like everyone else who is busy with life, I tend to find something simple and quick to make as I rush out the door or too tired to cook at the end of the day.  So I thought what would be better than a few posts containing some simple, quick and of course fresh and tasty recipes to accommodate every one's "busy season."

Let's start with breakfast!





Blackberry Banana Overnight Oats

While I tend to be a savory breakfast eater (watch for that post next week) these overnight oats are perfect for anyone on the go! 
Ingredients
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup non-fat plain or honey Greek yogurt (I use Trader Joe's Non-Fat Honey Greek Yogurt)
2/3 cup low-fat or skim milk
1 large or 2 small bananas
4-6 ounces fresh blackberries
honey (optional for drizzle)

In a medium bowl combine the rolled oats, Greek yogurt, and milk.  Next either divide mixture evenly into three 6-ounce jars with lids or simply cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.

In the morning, carefully mash the bananas and blackberries in a medium bowl until combined.  Add the mashed mixture to the overnight oats and enjoy.

Optional: If using the plain Greek yogurt you may want to drizzle a bit of honey on top to add some sweetness.

Notes: Any preferred fruit can be substituted.  Also, adding nuts and/or granola would be yummy.

Makes 2 large servings or 3 small.

No comments:

Post a Comment