Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Thyme For Gin

Who said they hate gin?  Well, me.  That was until Hendricks came into my life, which I have my lovely (and super fit) friend Amanda to thank for.  

I know you all think that gin is for grandmas and smells and taste like pine trees but I assure you that Hendricks will change your mind.  This gin is floral and herby with notes of juniper berries, corriander and citrus peel.  See, no pine trees here!  


We created this cocktail with the changing of seasons in mind.  We wanted something fresh to remind us of how wonderful summer was, but warm and herbatious to welcome in fall.  Oh, and how pretty is this cocktail?!?  I would definitly serve this at any wedding, bridal shower, brunch, or baby shower, for the non-expecting guests of course.  

So go be brave and give gin another try.  I know I have already made a few new believers, including myself!



Grapefruit Thyme Gin Cocktail

Ingredients
4 ounces gin (we use Hendricks)
4 ounces fresh ruby red grapefruit juice
6 sprigs of fresh thyme
1-1/2 ounces honey simple syrup


In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients. Add ice and shake vigorously until the shaker is frosty.  Strain into 2 ice filled glasses and garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme. Makes 2 cocktails.





No comments:

Post a Comment