Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Two Ingredient Ice Cream

OK I'm going to complain again for only one second that I can't turn on my oven during the day because of the weather.  Ugh!!  I have so many wonderful fall recipes that I'm hoping to share soon, before it turns winter!  So for now I will be doing some simple and fun recipes that doesn't require the oven.


I don't know if you've been to Trader Joe's lately and discovered that they have now made an ice cream with their super addicting Speculoos Cookie Butter.  Well unfortunately and fortunately I have.  I'm a sucker for trying out all of their new products and this one without a doubt jumped into my already overflowing grocery cart.  



My husband and I at first went slow and savored each bite of a small bowl declaring it is the best ice cream we've had in a while.  Then we decided it needed to be made into a pumpkin beer float, which was of course, incredible.  Then we found ourselves sneaking spoonfuls from the freezer and by the end of the week we were scraping the bottom of the carton not to leave any ounce of cookie butter behind.  Indulgent?  Maybe.  Feeling a bit guilty?  Yes.



To calm my guilty feelings and cookie butter cravings I decided to make my own version with just two  ingredients.  Yes, TWO ingredients!!  All you need is frozen bananas, cookie butter and a food processor to blend it until it makes that creamy delicious ice cream.  I admit it's not quite the same but it's definitely pretty darn good!  




Banana Cookie Butter Ice Cream

Ingredients
3 very ripe bananas, chopped and frozen 
1/4 cup Speculoos Cookie Butter, creamy or crunchy (substitutes: peanut butter, Nutella, chocolate fudge)

Place the frozen bananas into a food processor.  Blend until smooth.  Add the cookie butter and pulse until combined.  The texture will be creamy like soft serve ice cream.  You can enjoy immediately or place into an airtight container and place into the freezer for about 20-30 minutes until frozen.  Store in the freezer for up to 1 month.  Makes 2 cups.





No comments:

Post a Comment